Name Changes

You are permitted to change your name after a divorce back to your maiden name. This typically occurs as part of the divorce where the court will hold in the final decree that your married name reverts back to your maiden name. If you failed to make this request as part of your divorce, you will have to file a petition to change your name in a separate court proceeding and publish a notice in the local newspaper indicating your existing name and that you have applied to change it. I can assist you with this process.