Child Support and Custody Modifications

Many times, a parent needs to change the original child support or custody order for a variety of reasons. Typically, it is because they have lost their job, they want to move, they have a desire to increase or decrease the overnight visits with the child or support is going to a parent where the child no longer lives. The parent seeking the change must go back into court and prove there has been a material change in circumstances since the original support or custody order was issued. Consultation with a family law attorney is necessary to determine whether the facts in your case will constitute a “material change of circumstances”.